Saturday 12 May 2012

Milton Keynes Campaign 2012

Having been recommended to go to MK campaign by our freinds at black wolf gaming (who you may remember from boudicca's last stand and the battle of kingsbury, we are doing a ECW game in October so keep a look out for that) I decided to go along. So myself and my family went off to the centre in Milton Keynes
It is a very nice open and airy space with everything that a wargamer loves
There was more discounted Games workshop products than you can imagine, with literally draws full of ancient citadel miniatures everywhere. Warlord Games was there and I believe I was very tempted by the Royalist cavalry and maybe a vivandere for my Tirailleurs, but I resisted and continued looking. The bring and buy was great as I heard it was, with plenty of amazingly painted models going for hundreds of pounds as well as some nice stuff going rather cheaply (I was again tempted by some 20mm Biplanes, two boxes full with each model at £2 each but I did consider this may be a bit mean on the Japanese forces that so often meet my Biplane in teh field).
The games were great and there were a few I recognised from Salute. There were also some FOG (field of glory) and FOW (flames of war) tournaments going on in the centre and the armies all looked very nice!

In the end I cashed out at wargames emporium http://www.wargamesemporium.co.uk/ as they had a £4 off perry miniatures sale on. I picked up three boxes of Mahdists, which brings my force to six warbands of twenty four men, and the wargames illustated from Salute. It was a special on the Crimean war a period rare in the wargaming world but one I am quite passionate about, so it is great to see another range of Russians beside Foundry from Great war miniatures http://www.northstarfigures.com/list.php?man=20&cat=175&sub=214&page=1!

After wards I went over to a store selling almost everything and I managed to find a little box full of 24 boxer rebels priced at £10! So obviously I bought these metal figures to add to my other 30 boxer rebels that I am going to purchase (after watching 55days at peking us at Tale of two gamers have decided to find a rulesset for skirmishes in the Boxer rebellion which we will re-enact frequently).

A very good show, and one I would definatly go to again (unlike GW's Gamesday... thats a one off experience)

No comments:

Post a Comment