Sunday 13 May 2012

ww1 landships: game 3

With the return of my Family from John Lewis (which seemed to be a lot more interesting than a wargaing convention), my mother decided to join in. I took the St Chamond and my mother took the Mark V*. It was the same combination as I had used in the first game.

I decided that the St Chamond probably had enough armour to take a hit from a German tank and it was armed with a powerful anti tank rifle so I decided to go straight across the road with it. A very direct route for the fast French tank to get to the trench.
However I was ambushed before I could get very far by some Grenadiers in the cafe. But the French tank easily blasted them apart with its machine guns and escaped un harmed.
As I got close to the road there was no sign of a German tank, but I did manage to site the close by ruin and open up on the German grenadiers inside with my Machine guns, blasting them out. The St chamond was doing well, having destroyed two grenadier squads and being almost half way to the trench un harmed. The Mark V* had also taken out a German machine gun post.
As the St Chamond approached the road a German field gun came into view and began to fire off its shells at us!

As the smoke settled four more German grenadiers cam running at us from behind, and blasting our armour from one of their grenades.
The Field gun the let off with another shell at the St Chamond, but luckily missed. Our easy progress was now looking bad. It would be rather difficult to get to the trenches now.
The Grenadiers began to close in on us, blasting off the St chamond's tracks with a grenade and leaving it immobile in the field, and at the mercy of the field gun.

And with one last blast the Field gun took it out, the French crew ditching it and surredering to the Germans. The field gun then turned its fire on my mother's Mark V* but it managed to get through and it successfully crossed the trench.


No comments:

Post a Comment