Tuesday 20 March 2012

War in Wattonford: 2nd battlef of the field of flames

After my last defeat we swapped sides with myself defending the tower in the swamp, unfortunatly this meant I forfited my juggernaut and Giant (which would almost certainly cost me the game) however i was prepared to stand to the last... again

Attacker
Bruiser
Fire belly
10 bulls
4 mourn fangs
ironblaster

Defender
Exalted hero
5 marauder horsemen
5 marauder horsemen
5 knights
warshrine

 My one exalted hero stood alone defending the tower... one well aimed cannon blast and the ogres wold only have to walk in.

 Early on I easily surrounded the Iron blaster with my horsemen, but would it shake them off or manage to kill my hero before the horse killed it.

I then positioned my knights and warshrine for a flank/rear charge on any besiegers of the tower... but the ogres currently had no plan to assualt it... they still believed in their cannon

Then my knigts met an unfortunate opponent, as the mourn fangs charged them. Ordinarily a knight could of stood his own against an ogre on a horse.. but ogres don't ride horses they ride mournfangs! And in one quick round of combat the knights were all dead and only one ogre had fallen.
Things were now getting silly, marshal lenk was still in the tower and the horsemen and cannon were all rolling round behind some trees. The ogres bruiser decided that a direct assualt was the only thing that could save the situation. Lenk challenged him and wounded him however the bruiser squished the mighty chaos hero with one blow of his club.
However the warshrine then charged the bulls, defeated them and sent them fleeing away from its master's tower... but its days were numbered
The marauder horse soon had the cannon fleeing, but it quickly rallied and blew them to bits at very close range.
And with a last mourn fang charge it was all over, taking down one of the ogre cavalry was not enough to save the warshrine and it fell as he bruiser entered the tower. Defeat again!

The ogre player was now on 8000 campaign pts to my pitiful 4000, very bad show.
But we will continue to fight on.... evenif empire may have been a safer bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment