Saturday 10 March 2012

War in Wattonford: Battle of the river Bloodhorn

After the Siege of mount bloodhorn we cleared the table and I challenged Kotem's force to a rematch after my last defeat at his hands (http://warformiddleearth.blogspot.com/2012/02/war-in-wattonford-campaign-battle-of_18.html). We were using 750pts again and played using the same board as siege of mount bloodhorn, I let the lizardmen player set up in the river to make the most of his skink's aquatic special rule.

Marshal Lenk's huscarlsExalted hero Surtha Lenk
5 Marauder horse
5 Marauder horse
5 chaos knights
warshrine

Kotem's Watband
Kotem
12 skinks
12 skinks
25 skinks
10 temple guard
The game opened up with my two maruader horsemen units charging a unit of skink blowpipers who had come dangerously close, however one of the horseman units was obliterated by the skink's stand and shoot, but the other unit killed six skinks and sent the rest fleeing before overrunning into the block of 24 skinks.

 However in the lizardmen's turn the Temple guard led by Old blood Kotem flanked the marauders. In the ensuing combat one temple guard and 2 skinks were slain but all the marauder horse were annihilated. The skinks then rallied and it was looking bad for the WCs.

 But then, I overheard his battle plan to flank my knights when they charged his skinks, so just to annoy him I charged the knights into the temple guard. The champion was killed in a challenge with Kotem but brought him down to 1 wound from three, and the rest of the knights hacked up the temple guard, taking but one casualty. The knights then ran down the temple guard and Kotem before overrunning into the skink blowpipers. Whom the knights beat, and chased off the board.

 The skinks then opened frie on my general killing him before rushing down on my warshrine. I killed four skinkss before being run down by the skinkys. I had forgotten to use its giver of glory rule throughout the entire game!

 Then my knights were surrounded by all his skinks! It was the do or die 25 against 2, who would win? In the end it was a no brainer as the knights killed tons of the skinks over two turns before running them all down.
REVENGE was Slaanesh's, we had completly oblitarated them and I had thought that this was to be a war of attriton with the skinks sniping at me form the river, ah well two chaos knights kill 25 skinks, good odds.
And another tile is added to my empire on the campaign map, is that 4000pts now?

No comments:

Post a Comment