Sunday 19 February 2012

War in Wattonford: The Aeslings

As it could be a few weeks before the next campaign game I decided to do a special on my army. I have included my first 750pt list and my second 1000pt list as well (that has not been used yet)
Surtha Lenk’s Small host
Warriors of Chaos
750pts
1 Exalted Hero of Chaos
Bloodskull pendant, favour of the gods, shield and mark of Khorne
180pts
10 Marauder horsemen
Shields, spears and mark of Slaanesh (full command)
190pts
5 Chaos Knights
Mark of Khorne (Champion)
250pts
1 Chaos Warshrine
-
130pts
As you may remember from the storm of magic game and the alliance game we were aloud to change this slightly, So after the first game I used my horsemen in two blocks of five. In the storm of magic game I was aloud to swap my exalted hero for a Sigwalda the fiery, sorcerer of Nurgle (this set my back fifteen pts, but as you saw I still won). My Storm of magic extras consisted of an Ancient Stegadon and four cold ones.
The list worked quiet well, but the idea of using a general on foot in a mainly mounted army proved a bit of a mad decision, which forced him to support other units. The warshrine was also an unusual and interesting choice.

 Some of you may remember this model as the games day 2009 miniature. The photo is surprisingly bad and doesn't really show the model in its best light.
My first armylist represented Marshal Surtha Lenk of the Aesling tribe of Norsca's elite band of Huscarls that was sent to Wattonford as a reconnoitring party, scouting land in the name of Slaanesh and the Aeslings.

 
Valmir Aesling’s Great host
Warriors of Chaos
1000pts
1 Exalted Hero of Chaos
Sword of battle, Bronze armour of Zhrakk, Favour of  the gods, Juggernaut of Khorne, shield and mark of Khorne
225pts
5 Marauder horsemen
Shields, spears and mark of Slaanesh (chieftain, banner)
109pts
5 Marauder horsemen
Shields, spears and mark of Slaanesh (chieftain)
97pts
5 Marauder horsemen
Shields and mark of Slaanesh (chieftain)
92pts
5 Chaos Knights
Mark of Khorne (Champion)
250pts
1 chaos giant
-
225pts

This is my currentlu untested armylist. I basically mounted my hero on a juggernaut so that he could join the knights in combat, I then added five marauder horse and swapped the Warshrine for a giant (I'm not to sure about this decision). It has also meant that i have repainted the giant and the General, while getting rid of undesirably slow traits of my army (ie. warshrine and general on foot)
This is Valmir Aesling, whom you may remember from the backgound inside the WCs army book if you have read it. He is the Norscan lord who besieged the dwarven hold of Kraka Drak and raised it to the ground.
He has now come to replace his Marshal, and lead out a ravaging conquest of Wattonford, sweeping all in his wake. His armour has been specially forged to counter the poisons of the Lizardmen, worshippers of nurgle and vampire counts so abundant in this region of the Old world.
He will pillage and burn as a sacrific to Slaanesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment