Saturday 18 February 2012

War in Wattonford: Battle of Vangheist Gardens

Continuing the challenging of the day I fought a battle against the store's Vampire counts under command of the manager. They had just eliminated a Tomb kings army of three units of 25 skeletons, a warsphinx and catapult, and were ready to have a crack at Marshal Lenk whom had just been wiped out by Kotem's Lizards. It was 750pts again with the vampire force lead by Christofen the necromancer.

Marshal Lenk's huscarls
Exalted hero Surtha Lenk
5 Marauder horse
5 Marauder horse
5 chaos knights
warshrine

Lazzarus Vangheist's Legion of Wattonford
Necromancer Christofen
40 skeleton warriors
6 crypt horors
corpse cart
 I Vanguarded my marauder horse towards the skeletons. In turn 1 the crypt horrors charged my Marauder horse and they fled as a reaction, but the super ghouls under ran their charge anyway. Then Christofen raised a unit of 15 zombies smack in front of my force (as you can see my knights rolled a one for deployment so arn't here yet), which I did not try to dispel as is my policy.
In the next turn I charged my horse and Warshrine into the zombies and managed to rally my other horse. The Super ghouls moved ever closer towards the knights, claiming that they did not care if the knights charged. Then Christofen blew Surtha apart with magical spells and stuuf! But my marauders and warshrine did suceed in demolishing the last zombie, having only taken one casualty.
Then we charged. The knights and Warshrine hurtled for the Crypt horrors and the Horse units hit the skeletons. The Knights and Shrine killed two horrors, wounding a third badly, but took three knights and a warshrine wound casualty. The Horsemen on the other hand killed eight skeletons to seven of their own, fleeing from them, but managing to rally.
However it was to late for the horse and they were run down. Then the Knight and Warshrine continued their brawl with the Horrors, only to have eight zombies raised on their rear.
..And the next turn they were all dead. And by that I mean the WCs not the VCs.
Second battle I had been wiped out again. And whats more Christoffen had nine more models then he started with.

No comments:

Post a Comment